WE'RE HIRING: Executive Assistant, Board Liaison & Office Manager
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected].
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, BOARD LIAISON & OFFICE MANAGER
The Portland Business Alliance (“Alliance”) serves as Greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to create opportunity and advance well-being for all who live and work in the Greater Portland and SW Washington regions. Our vision is a healthy and resilient business ecosystem. We support access, opportunity, and advancement for all people. We recognize unfair bias and historic discrimination, and work to eliminate barriers. We embrace connectivity and work together respectfully to drive solutions. We meet setbacks with openness to listening, learning and adaptation. We give the honest answer. We do what we say we will. We are accessible, active, and visible to the community.
The Downtown Portland Clean & Safe (DPC&S) district provides extraordinary essential services to the people, places, and businesses within a core 213-block area of our unique city. Operating since 1988, the district is one of the oldest, largest, and most successful enhanced service districts in the nation.
The two organizations are affiliated and maintain separate and independent boards.
The Executive Board and Administrative Office Manager provides daily administrative support for the President and CEO of the Portland Business Alliance as well as for the Executive Director of Downtown Portland Clean & Safe. This role serves as liaison to more than 100 members of the board of directors and respective executive committees of the Portland Business Alliance, Downtown Portland Clean and Safe, and Charitable Institute. Additionally, this role supports overall office management and conditions as well as front desk operations.
- VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION -
JOB DUTIESExecutive Assistant and Board Liaison: 75%
As the Executive Assistant to the Alliance’s President & CEO, this role completes a broad variety of administrative and programmatic tasks including:
- Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments; proactively addresses conflicts in scheduling
- Keeps the President/CEO well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Compiles documents for appointments and meetings; prepares reports and presentations
- Facilitates sensitive and confidential correspondence
- Organizes Senior Staff meetings and annual Senior Staff retreat
As the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of Downtown Portland Clean & Safe (DPC&S), this role completes a broad variety of administrative and programmatic tasks including:
- Coordinates and supports monthly Downtown Retail Council meetings
- Coordinates monthly Cleaner’s Lunches
- Provides programmatic support as needed and assigned
- Maintains Board correspondence, by-laws, and other pertinent Board materials; ensures compliance with Board by-laws
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors
- Records meeting minutes and acts as liaison to the Secretary of the Boards
- Prepares meeting agendas and packets for dissemination
- Coordinates annual Board of Directors Retreat and annual Appreciation Day event for DPC&S
- Coordinates onboarding of new directors
- Coordinates ad-hoc Board subcommittees throughout the year
- Coordinates Governance Committees
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date Board of Directors roster and calendar for the year ahead
As the Administrative Officer Manager, this role is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the office and its various departments. Duties include regularly communicating with department heads, relaying important information or policy changes from upper management, and actively assessing and coordinating office needs. Other duties include:
- Manages the scheduling and logistics for staff meetings and events
- Orders supplies and materials for the office
- Maintains a clean and professional look and feel of the office space
- Coordinates technical assistance with various providers (i.e. phone, internet, IT, etc.), when appropriate
- Coordinates the calendar of our various conference rooms with outside entities
- Provides front desk welcome and reception of visitors, along with coordination with the building security and building management
- Answers general communications and routes to appropriate staff
- Assists with Certificates of Origin processing
- Sets up meetings, including room preparation, ordering of catering, phone or teleconference calls and audio/visual communications resources, as needed
- Maintains calendars, provides phone support, and processes mail
- Communicates with members via mail, email, and phone
- Assists Senior Staff with administrative support, as needed
- 7 years of experience and/or training or equivalent experience in administration and office management
- Must possess the ability to work well with a team, yet function independently
- Possess an entrepreneurial, strategic, energetic, and proactive demeanor while functioning in independent situations
- Exemplify the organization’s core values, of collaboration, resiliency, integrity, transparency and equity
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No (or very limited) exposure to physical risk
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints
In addition to office hours, this position may require work outside of the normal office atmosphere on a limited and seasonal basis, when needed, including during the implementation and set-up for holiday promotions, events, and other projects as needed.
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000 per year
The Portland Business Alliance (“Alliance”) serves as greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to create opportunity and advance well-being for all who live and work in the greater Portland and SW Washington region. Our vision is a healthy and resilient business ecosystem. We support access, opportunity, and advancement for all people. We recognize unfair bias and historic discrimination, and work to eliminate barriers. We embrace connectivity and work together respectfully to drive solutions. We meet setbacks with openness to listening, learning and adaptation. We give the honest answer. We do what we say we will. We are accessible, active, and visible to the community.
Downtown Portland Clean & Safe an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.