WE'RE HIRING: Coordinator, Member Engagement
The Portland Business Alliance is seeking a dynamic individual to support our members’ experience with the Alliance and the greater community.
The Portland Business Alliance (“Alliance”) serves as greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to create opportunity and advance well-being for all who live and work in the greater Portland and SW Washington region.
SUMMARYThe Portland Business Alliance’s Member Engagement Coordinator manages, tracks, and optimizes the membership experience. The goal: to retain, grow and diversify the Alliance’s membership base. This position is the staff lead for managing our membership database; the primary tool for executing and measuring the tasks involved in the role.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSMembership Support & Operations
- Manages the full membership experience: preparing new member invoices, as needed; sending monthly renewal invoices; processing transactions; outreach and onboarding of new members; follow-up with recently expired members Maintains membership records in the Alliance’s CRM (GrowthZone): updating records; recording payments; running reports. Provides exceptional membership service support and responds to “tier-one” membership questions and requests.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Director of Strategic Partnerships, builds processes and programs that broaden the Alliance’s value for traditionally underserved communities in Portland
- East County Focus: Engage with more than 400 new members from east Multnomah County that were onboarded in the spring of 2021, to ensure new members receive value from their affiliation with the Alliance and choose to renew. Builds, tests, and refines automated member outreach.
- In conjunction with the Government Affairs department, schedules communicate meeting information for the Alliance’s advocacy groups. Supports, as needed, with Alliance event planning and on-site management.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or president & CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and operationalize Alliance mission, vision, values and strategic goals.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to varied roles and job responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communications in a business environment.
- Two to four years of previous work experience (internships acceptable)
- An organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task on a wide variety of issues and projects.
- A keen interest in issues affecting the business community of Portland and the metropolitan area is essential.
WORKING CONDITIONSThe physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks and requests while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to build efficient, accurate and timely processes for recurring tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Curiosity and interest in learning new skills and processes.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to [email protected].