Partners in Diversity is hiring!
Partners in Diversity are seeking candidates to fill the position for Communications Manager.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Formed in 2005 to support employers in Oregon and SW Washington, Partners in Diversity (PID) is an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance’s Charitable Institute – a 501(c)(3) organization. Partners in Diversity aims to create a competitive advantage for our region by attracting, retaining and developing diversity influencers and professionals of color. We are a well-respected organization that collaborates with more than 300 member employers that pledge to cultivate inclusive work environments and diversify their staff. Together, we hope to achieve a thriving, diverse and welcoming community in which all people can work and live.
SUMMARYThe Communications Manager is responsible for duties within Partners in Diversity that pertain to community supporters and members. Duties will include creating and executing diversity, equity and inclusion communications and programs to support Partners in Diversity’s mission to help employers recruit, retain and support professionals of color. Must have a passion and experience in diversity, equity and inclusion work.
- Assists director with design, delivery and evaluation of high-quality educational programming pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion for current members through current programs, including but not limited to Breakfast for Champions, Equity Conversations, CEO Cohort, Leadership Training, NW Equity Summit, etc.
- Assists director with developing, implementing and managing all communication plans and practices that promote awareness, engagement and support for Partners in Diversity.
- Assists director in expanding PiD presence through the integrated use of its website, social media channels, electronic newsletters, email and other platforms.
- Updates and maintains PID website as an interactive space for members and community supporters. Content includes staff and Leadership Council info, program invitations and information, DEI resources, community events and other information as needed.
- Creates consistent content for social media, web blog, newsletter and other owned-media platforms.
- Provides staff support for various committees.
- Provides staff support for various programs and events, including logistics, registration, etc.
- Increases and retains membership to hit yearly budget and membership goals.
- Builds long-term relationships with members to assure communications meets member expectations and needs.
- Builds relationships with diversity, equity and inclusion trainers and organizations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Provides quality control for communications and media activities.
- Reviews and evaluates effectiveness of communications efforts through metric analysis; incorporates findings to improve subsequent activities.
- Develops event run-of-shows, scripts and other presentations for executive director and board leadership.
- Develops creative brief and project manage videos and photography for PiD events.
- Serves as back up person for career center, new members and member renewals
- Other duties and projects as assigned to ensure the success of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be highly organized, accurate, detailed and deadline-driven.
- Skilled communicator with a strong understanding of corporate communications (internal and external) and innovative, emerging communication tools.
- Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive communications plans and programs to address key issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated expertise in social media and traditional news media.
- Excellent written, verbal and interviewing skills.
- Displays excellent inter-personal communication skills, including presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Must have working knowledge in basic office software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in graphic design and use of programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with updating webpages through standard CMS.
- Proficiency with database programs desired.
- Team player, collaborative and thoughtful.
- Core competencies include integrity, inclusivity, innovation, cultural awareness, respect for all cultures and people of all backgrounds.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to be able to drive to program event locations.
- Ability to work flexible hours due to program event times that range from early morning to late evening.
- Associate degree from college and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two plus years in guiding or organizing diversity, equity and inclusion events, programs or other educational programs.
COMPENSATION$60,000 - $65,000 DOE
Learn more & apply
Partners in Diversity an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance Charitable Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.