Hope Rising Up Against Hate
The sadness of another loss of life is rippling through our communities.
We collectively mourn another needless death.
Hope. Rising up against hate. May we step towards this together.
We call on our members and partners to act locally. Support efforts going on right now in our community that get us to real change for our Black, Asian and Pacific Islander neighbors, and all communities of color.
We remain committed to the work needed to end systemic racism.
On May 8, we will proudly stand with others to show solidarity against hate. We encourage you to join. Details in this flyer.
As a service to our community, if you need help, please reach out to the resources listed below.
Be well and support each other.
Special thanks to our colleagues at Partners in Diversity for drafting these lists of resources for the community:
REPORT A HATE INCIDENT (IN ADDITION TO CALLING LAW ENFORCEMENT)
- Stop AAPI Hate
- Muslim Advocates
- Council on Islamic-American Relations
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (AAJC)
MENTAL HEALTH AND SOCIAL SUPPORT
- Racial equity support line (Lines for Life)
- Mental Health America
- Crisis text hotline
- Asian Health Services Center
- IRCO's Pacific Islander and Asian Family Center
- Resilience to hate resource guide
ADVOCACY AND COMMUNITY
- Asian American racial justice toolkit
- America's long history of scapegoating its Asian citizens (National Geographic)
- Safety tips for those experiencing or witnessing hate
- Bystander intervention training
RESOURCES FOR RACIAL TRAUMA
- University of California, Davis, Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- University of Northern Texas, Racial trauma and self-care in tragedy
For children and parents:
RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY