WE'RE HIRING: Join Partners in Diversity’s amazing team
Partners in Diversity is seeking a qualified professional to join its team as the Manager, Member Programming. Learn about the opportunity and apply now!
The Manager, Member Programming is responsible for duties within Partners in Diversity that pertain to future and current members. Duties will include creating and executing diversity, equity and inclusion programs to support Partners in Diversity’s mission to help employers recruit, retain and support professionals of color. Must have a passion and experience in diversity, equity and inclusion work.
- Designs and delivers high quality educational programming pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion for current members through current programs including but not limited to Breakfast for Champions, Equity Conversations, CEO Cohort, Leadership Training
- Conducts New Member Orientations to ensure members understand Partners In Diversity’s benefits and programming
- Provides staff support for various committees
- Manages and executes the NW Equity Summit – including identifying speakers, reserving space, registration responsibilities, etc.
- Consults with members regarding Partners in Diversity programming regularly through surveys and individual meetings
- Manages the membership process including communicating membership status
- Responsible for increasing and retaining membership yearly to hit budget and membership goals
- Build long-term relationships with members to assure programming meets member expectations and needs
- Builds relationships with diversity, equity and inclusion trainers and organizations.
- Must be highly organized with sense of urgency to assure quality and timely program execution
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with [members/coworkers] and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Must have access to a personal vehicle to be able to drive to program event locations
- Flexible work hours required due to program event times that range from early morning to late evening
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent professional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, process improvement and timeline development skills
- Time management and planning abilities are essential
- Must have expertise in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Proficiency with ChamberMaster or other database program desired
- Ability to maintain and update website
- Team player, collaborative and thoughtful
- Core competencies include integrity, inclusivity, innovation, cultural awareness, respect for all cultures and people of all backgrounds
- Cultural competency and ability to work with various community and industry representatives
- Associate degree from college and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two plus years in guiding or organizing diversity, equity and inclusion events, programs or other educational programs.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Partners in Diversity an affiliate of Portland Business Alliance Charitable Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.