Join our amazing team
The Alliance is seeking a qualified professional to join our team as the Coordinator, Marketing & Communications. Learn about the opportunity and apply now!
The Portland Business Alliance’s marketing and communications coordinator supports the engagement and promotion of our diverse and growing membership and array of events and special projects.
- Plan, produce and distribute member-facing communication that encourages engagement and involvement in events and promotes membership growth.
- Conceptualize, write & manage content for events, membership and other special projects, as needed.
- Collaborate and plan seasonal membership campaigns and event promotion, utilizing external advertising partnerships.
- Coordinate and maintain email campaigns, planning and designing for target audiences.
- Draft materials including, talking points, scripts, Q&A, programs, presentations and other items, as needed.
- Plan, develop and moderate event and member-focused content for social media channels.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings relating to promoting membership and events.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned by the President and CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with [customers/ coworkers] and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Skilled communicator with a good understanding of member engagement and event promotion.
- Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive marketing & communications plans and programs to address strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Working knowledge of digital analytics and UX best practices preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Spark, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Respectfully takes direction from Supervisor.
- A well-organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of tasks and requests while maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
- Excellent customer satisfaction; focused and responsive to clients.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and write about complex topics.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, journalism or related field, or three years successful experience in nonprofit or private sector membership engagement and event promotion.
- $42,000 - $44,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Portland Business Alliance promotes and fosters an environment in the Portland region that attracts, supports and retains private-sector jobs, spurs economic vitality and enables quality educational opportunities for the region’s residents. The Alliance is the leading voice of business for the Portland-metro region. The Alliance is a membership-based organization and as such, all staff support the work of the membership department by enrolling and retaining businesses.