Interested in public service or running for office?
Apply for our Public Service Training by Friday, Aug. 23!
Public Service Training is designed for established and emerging community leaders who have a desire to serve on government boards and commissions or run for public office. We are especially committed to engaging a diverse group of participants. Members of historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.*
Participants of this six-month program will have the opportunity to meet business and community leaders. By the end, they will have the background needed to effectively serve on appointed committees and, if interested, to run for elective office.
New this year, is a program fee of $100, which will help cover the cost of breakfast and program materials.
FEATURED SPEAKERS FOR 2019-2020:
- Councilor Juan Carlos González, Metro Council
- Auditor Mary Hull Caballero, City of Portland
- John Tapogna, ECONorthwest
- Travis Stovall, TriMet Board of Directors
- Mazen Malik, State of Oregon Legislative Revenue
- Kimberly Branam, Prosper Portland
- Nik Blosser, Governor Kate Brown
- John Horvick, DHM Research
- Rebecca Tweed, Political Consultant
- Paige Richardson, Springwater Partners