EPOP Events & Programs
EPOP Last Tuesday: EPOP Last Tuesday is the place to network with like-minded young professionals in Portland while offering an opportunity to get civically engaged by meeting our featured monthly nonprofit partner. This event is hosted on the last Tuesday of each month at a different venue, features a no-host bar, complimentary appetizers and a door prize. There is no charge to attend and pre-registration is not required but encouraged.
EPOP Exclusive: EPOP Exclusive event series is geared toward connecting emerging professionals with established civic and business leaders in the Portland region. Exclusives occur three times a year and feature a moderated yet informal Q & A session with the featured guest or panel as well as an opportunity to network with like-minded young professionals. Complimentary appetizers and drinks are provided. The event is $15 for members and $25 for non-members.
EPOP Engage: EPOP Engage events consist of volunteer activities with different Portland-metro nonprofit organizations. The events are held at various times of the day and usually last about three hours.
EPOP Nonprofit Partners
EPOP partners will 11 nonprofits each year to showcase the great work they do in the community and encourage young professionals to get civically involved. Each partner is featured at a Last Tuesday networking event and all nonprofit partners come together for EPOP's End of the Year Last Tuesday in June.
2016-17 Nonprofit Partners:
EPOP is currently looking for motivated emerging professionals with marketing experience to join the Marketing Committee in a volunteer capacity. In this role, committee members are responsible for promoting EPOP events and volunteer activities across all of the programs social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). If you or someone you know is interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPOP is currently looking for an emerging professional to take on sponsorship recruitment in a volunteer capacity. Experience in sales, procurement and recruitment is preferred. Individuals looking to develop experience in those areas are welcome to apply. If you or someone who know is interested, please contact email@example.com.
Interested in getting involved? You can help develop and plan our programs through participating in a committee.
Click here to apply for an EPOP committee. You must be employed at an Alliance-member company or be an EPOP member to serve on a committee.
- Education Committee: Develop opportunities for emerging professionals looking to sharpen business skills through workshops, lectures, mentorship opportunities, guest speakers, and peer connections.
- Engagement Commitee: Recruit, retain and engage emerging professionals in Portland via networking and social opportunities, including marketing efforts and social media promotions on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Civic Committee: Seek to establish a culture of volunteerism and highlight the importance of nonprofit efforts in our community, including identifying EPOP’s annual nonprofit partners as well as promoting and encouraging civic engagement for young professionals in Portland.
- Networking Committee: Bring young professionals together in a fun and relaxed environment through the organization and attendance of EPOP's monthly Last Tuesday networking events.
EPOP MembershipIf your company is not already a member of the Portland Business Alliance, you can join as an individual for $75/year. Join now.
- Participation in EPOP committees for the EPOP member
- Member pricing at EPOP events, Portland Business Alliance's Business After Hours, ShopTalk and Green Hour
- Free admittance to EPOP member's committee events
- Listing as committee member on EPOP webpage
- Sponsorship opportunities with EPOP
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 40 years or younger OR
- Have worked in your profession for five years or less
- EPOP member will introduce an Alliance Account Executive to their company decision-maker regarding Alliance membership for their company
- Individuals are eligible for this membership for a maximum of five years
- Individuals are only eligible for this membership if their company is not a current or previous Alliance member
The following is a list of news and events geared toward young professionals in the Portland-metro area. If you'd like to submit a listing for this page, please contact email@example.com